2nd Annual Belt Sander Races
Friday, July 30th, 2010
Cold Spring, Minnesota, USA
· This is an “Open” category for sanders with or without alterations.
· Belt sander must propel itself with a conventional sanding belt only.
· Modifications and substitutions are allowed to the motor, drive system, electricals, etc.
· Track Guides and Wheelie Bars are allowed and encouraged (see Track Guide).
· Decorations are allowed and encouraged.
· Two plywood tracks, 1 foot apart. Sanders will race side-by-side.
· Inside dimension of track is 7 ¾” wide with 2 ½” high side walls.
· Racetrack length is approximately 30’ long. There is a 20’ run-out track after the finish line.
· Race entries must fit into track and run on track surface.
· Standard 120 volts A.C.
· Belt sander must plug into standard 3-prong extension cord provided.
· Sander must run on supplied power, typically 20 amps.
· Race entry must run on unaltered, store bought sanding belt.
· Any size or grit of sanding belt is acceptable provided it fits in track.
· Race Official’s decision is final.
· Race entry owners are responsible for tracking entry belt before each race.
· Race entry owners are responsible for ensuring sander fits into track.
· Race entry owners are responsible for any sander decorations.
· Race entry owners are responsible for all risks or damage to their sander.
· Once sander is placed on track, it cannot be touched, adjusted, or interfered with.
· Race Official aligns entries at starting line and plugs into power cord.
· Race Official is responsible for making sure sander switch is on.
· Race will be replayed if switch was not on or, in Race Official’s discretion, any other unfair situation occurred.
· Race Officials collect sanders at end of track and return them to their owners.
· Sander is disqualified if it stops, jumps track, flips, or does not finish for any reason.
PRIZESThere will be a prize for the best-dressed belt sander and 1st place. For More Info: Contact Tim at 320-685-8226
or [email protected]